|Author: ||Alasdair Taylor |
|Updated: ||6 January 2021 |
|Length: ||10 pages (min.) |
|Notes: ||11 pages (min.) |
|Format: ||MS Word (.DOCX) |
This is a T&Cs-style consultant contract template. It has been designed for use in relation to a wide variety of different kinds of consultancy services, including management consultancy, business consultancy and IT consultancy services.
Each time the consultant wishes to enter into a contract with a client, the consultant should agree a statement of work - provided in skeleton form with this document - with the client. Each statement of work will contain the particulars of the contract (services, deliverables, charges and so on) and incorporate the terms and conditions by reference.
The T&Cs may be adapted to favour the interests of one party over the other, or to balance the interests of the parties.
The document is available in four versions: basic, standard, premium and B2B/B2C.
Consultancy T&Cs: basic version
This is our basic consultancy terms and conditions document. It is designed to be short (by lawyer standards) and easy to use, rather than comprehensive and bullet-proof.
Consultancy T&Cs: standard version
This document contains everything in the basic consultancy terms and conditions template that we supply, and much else besides.
The additional provisions include the following:
- options allowing for the licensing and/or assignment of intellectual property;
- a confidentiality clause protecting the client; (iii) flexible provisions regarding the assignment of contractual rights and obligations;
- a force majeure clause;
- an optional minimum term;
- more detailed provisions regarding services and service provision;
- clauses allowing for client materials and/or third party materials to be incorporated into the deliverables;
- variation of charges;
- an optional indemnity protecting the client;
- liability caps;
- more flexible termination provisions; and
- a special contractual notices clause.
Consultancy T&Cs: premium version
In addition to the clauses in the "standard" consultancy contract, the "premium" version includes:
- a straightforward procedure for acceptance testing and approval; mutual (rather than unilateral) indemnities in the case of a breach of contract;
- mutual (rather than unilateral) confidentiality provisions;
- a data processor clause;
- non-solicitation clauses; and
- more detailed boilerplate clauses.
Consultancy T&Cs: B2B and B2C version
This version includes clauses taking into account the requirements of consumer protection legislation. Most notably, it includes clause covering both distance and doorstep contracts. It is based on the standard version of the consultancy T&Cs.
T&Cs vs agreement
This document is substantively identical to our consultancy agreement; the differences are all of form.